Thursday 15 November 2012





Anytime there is a photo opportunity, you can guarantee that I am the person taking the photo. I consider myself a really keen photographer. There are plenty of photos of my 2 boys and my husband but of myself? Hmmmmm. It’s much easier to hide when you are behind the camera.
The eyes can see a lot and that’s why I love photography, in that moment, that memory can last forever.
What it doesn’t capture is that internal thought process and feelings I have. How can I position myself with a child on my lap to cover my big enormous gut ? Is there an object I can hide behind?   Is the camera at the right angle that I don’t have my 3 chins showing? Should I wear my hair down because that might cover my face a bit more and maybe sunglasses, sunglasses might hide my face.  What about the dark circles around my eyes? I’m tired, I’m really tired ……. actually I’m better off not even being in the picture, and out of the picture I remained for many, many, many years. Whether that’s in the physical sense or even in that moment 

                                              I was not truly there.

                     The picture had been taken, but I WAS NOT THERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment